Mac's in-built screen reader is an accessibility eye-wash? look at these links:
http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/

http://www.afb.org/afbpress/Pub.asp?DocID=aw090603#content
Again, making generalizations without any backing what so ever. I
don't even know if you have used  Mac. Of course, even I haven't, but
I have listened to demonstrations on websites.
There are other efforts Apple has made in relation to accessibility,
but as you mentioned MAC, I thought these are websites that will get
you out of your ignorence in this regard.
I don't want to go on and on, but the generalizations are gobsmaking
to say the least...
Regards, Ravi Paul