Yes, it's a common issue with FM radio. I have experienced this on Nokia N95
as well as Nokia N79. For reading messages you can read with by lines, words
or letters. The following steps would help you select the cursor type:

1. Open Talks window by pressing TALKS followed by *.
2. Press RIGHT navigation key till you land on the Advanced tabsheet.
3. Press DOWN navigation key to go to the option named Cursor Mode. By
default, this is set to Original.
4. Press the SELECT key to open the list of available options.
5. Select one out of Original, Words and Letters using UP/DOWN navigation
keys and press SELECT to confirm your selection. I find the Words option
most comfortable here as it lets me read messages by lines using UP/DOWN
navigation keys and by words using LEFT/RIGHT navigation keys.

Tip: Press TALKS key followed by long press RIGHT navigation key to spell
current word. Press TALKS key and long press UP navigation key to spell
current line.

The above setting would resolve the issue with help pages too. Also note
that when you set the Cursor Mode to any value other than Original, you
cannot switch between open messages using LEFT/RIGHT navigation keys. (this
is a default feature of most phones for sighted users to read messages
conveniently which is overridden by setting TALKS Cursor Mode to
Words/Letters) Instead, you need to close the message, select another
message using UP/DOWN navigation keys and open it to read it.

Hope that helps... I would be glad to help you with issues if any...

Best Regards,
Zujar...