Sure...

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Harish Kotian
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2011 4:31 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Blind man drives car independently

Hi Rajesh

Very well, now we are both on one plane.

Comming to the issue of LIC not including disability cover to blind persons,
this is a violation of their own guidelines.

Can we adopt a strategy like this:

1  Submit a form for obtaining LIC policy with accident cover. whatever the
scheme is.
2 If there is a reply and they accept without hasel then good, else turn down
without reason then step 4
3  If they don't respond within say 2 weeks then step 4
 4 Use RTI to obtain information on the status of the application and also seek
provisions regarding applicability of accident cover to the blind.
5 if the reply is unfavourable then complaint to IRDA. While doing so make a
specific request that accident benefit should be deemed to have covered even if
the insurance company puts a rider that accident cover will not be covered and
all claims be dealt accordingly. If we are able to get this across, no
insurance company will refuse to give accident cover as they would be the
looser.

Can you take this up on behalf of BGFI? Initially you will have to apply in an
individual capacity.

Harish Kotian.