Hi folks,
   Census people visited us on 12th ofFebruary, they asked about employment
status, Mobile Number, Mail Id, and Bank account. they didn't asked about
Disability, but i reminded them and submited xerox copy of my Disability
Certificate.
Kindly don't forget to mention your disability even they don't ask you.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Srinivasu Chakravarthula <
sriniv...@srinivasu.org> wrote:

> Friends,
> In case for whom census is still pending, if enumerator do not ask about
> disability, please remind them about Question 9. Perhaps, it's unfortunate
> that they may not still aware about its importance.
> Best,
> -Srinivasu
>
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Renuka Warriar <eren...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > The inumaretor who cameto collect our data also did not ask about the
> > possission of the computers etc.  Moreover, they didn't ask about any
> > multiple disability.
> > Renuka
> >
> > On 2/16/11, amarnath de <amarnath.de...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Harish,
> > >
> > > I have experienced the sensus data collection process on 12/02/2011.
> the
> > > folks came. We have heard from several channels that, computers,
> > > refrigerators, mobile connection etcetera will be counted. But I did
> not
> > > experienced such data collection. The person came to me said that,
> > > government has instructed that, the children below 6 years will be
> > counted
> > > as illiterate. Yes, the handicapped persons are being counted. But no
> > > details more than type and onset are counted. and moreover, this data
> > will
> > > be not used for UID purpose the person said. So I could not understand
> > what
> > > is the benefit of UID?
> > >
> > > I have said what I experienced. If any of our list member experienced
> > > something different we will be glad to hear from them.
> > >
> > > Regards.
> > >
> > > Yours sincerely,
> > > Amarnath De.

"B Positive"

Warm Regards,
A Jeevan Reddy,
Accessibility Consultant,
Onya Digital Solutions, Bangalore,
Mob: +91 8050761380.
Get numbers right this time, help the census with correct disability info!