Dear Chetan Sir,
Are you refering to the software which was started to be distributed someware in 2005 by Govt. of India, free of cost in a cd, which also contained some other softwares from IITs, C-Dec, and which had an OCR called Chitrankan in it?

-----Original Message----- From: Chetan Soni
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 5:22 PM
To: Bijal Patel ; accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Introduction...IITM software?

Hi Beejalji, IITM software is a word processor which has a text to speech
(TTS) built in. it speaks the tiped charecters and words in indian
languages. the software is developed by IIT chennai (madras) and is
distributed free of cost to the blind individuals and the organizations
working for the blind by a Chennai based institute named Vidyavriksha. It
has a tipical robotic (monotonus) speech and it saves the documents in LLF
(local language file) format. although this software is far behind the word
processors like MS word and screen readers like JAWS, it is the first step
to develop a software for the needs of the visually impaired indivudials in
the domestic environment
With regards:
(Chetan).
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bijal Patel" <bijalpatel...@gmail.com>