Generally, I always keep folding cane with me. I use the service of
escort for boarding me into bus and manage on my own inside and the
time of getting down. Generally, someone would be standing from my
family on prior information which I give them by cellphone and if not,
do not face much difficulty to locate Rickshaw from stand. But it
entirely depends on the distance of Rickshaw stand from bus stand
since big busses do not stop at the nearest stand of my house.
In a nutshell, on daily basis, I use escort, both permanent and
temporary, and folding cane also as per my convenient. Keeping cane
with us becomes essential when go out.

On 9/27/11, Jean Parker <radiofore...@gmail.com> wrote:
> vamshi:
>
> This is a great story and is exactly what is meant by independent mobility.
> It does not mean going everywhere by yourself.
>
> Jean
> Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
> http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

Thanks and regards
                   Himanshu Sahu
Reach: 09051055000