Hi Umesha,

I apologize for the late response but I filter this list into its mailbox
and did not have a chance to look at it until now.

My answers are inline.
Hi Pranav ji,
Thank you for your constructive views on the matter.

1. Even sighted people face difficulty in aligning the pages properly. I am
thinking of having a custom made stand or monopod with a long base having
straight edge. I think we can align the books to that edge as we do with
scanner edges.
PL] This may be possible.
 2. how much the monopods cost? do you have any idea of where can we get
them
and can we get it customised?
PL] I am not sure about the cost of a monopod. I had once searched for buy
monopod delhi and had found a company selling them. They are photography
accessories so may be available in shops that sell them..
3. certainly Lighting is another potential issue and I am facing that in my
experiments. how about cameras with flash light? how about having a bright
light source like tube lights?
PL] You will have to experiment. The problem with bright light is over
exposure of the image.
4. why do we need autofocus? cant we set the focus once for the camera on a
monopod as said above and turn the pages and capture them?
PL] This is not easy to do. How will you keep everything fixed in one place?
How will you handle different sizes of books? Stick to autofocus and you
will be better off.
5. I do not know any thing about camera scanners like pearl. I am grateful
if you can give some more information on them.
PL] For the pearl, see http://www.freedomscientific.com.  There are other
camera scanners as well.

I note some have suggested that you use your mobile phone. That is an option
worth investigating but much depends on the kind of books you scan. I would
not fancy scanning a book with facing pages using a mobile phone camera. The
field of view is too narrow.

Pranav

Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm