hi bro,  the idea  that came after reading your mail is, , use head
fones  as suggested already,
and, a bit teadious, but works for me,  read line by line or paragraph
by paragraph,  and take breaks even for few seconds after every line
or paragraph.
lets wait for more suggestion since is looking very simple problem,
but actually,  its affects badly, not only in studies, but also  in
other   related works.

On 11/7/11, Amar Jain <amarjain2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> Looking for experts’ views in this matter. This problem relates to my study
> as well.
> We understand the fact that we heavily rely on audio since we use screen
> readers. Now when you have to work with them for long hours, and at the same
> time you have to maintain careful reading, so that you don’t end up missing
> the most tricky things.
> Given the fact that I am in one of those field where every single word has
> its own value, I am at great loss if after some time, my same power of
> concentration starts reducing. (Please understand the fact that it is not
> that I am not able to comprehend the things, nor it is so that screen
> readers miss the things due to fast speed, nor it is so that since I use
> Jaws at 62% (109) with all punctuations, I am missing the things.)
> In such a case, what is happening is that since the audio is keep playing,
> sometimes you feel that you are getting the whole thing fit in your brains,
> but actually some of the minutest detail you start missing. (they just pass
> through your ears but details do not process in your brain).
> Please note, word is ‘minutest’.
> Reduction in speed is not a good solution, nor I can afford taking frequent
> breaks (specially when I start working). Switching to speakers instead of
> headphones can be temporary solution till the time I don’t enter in my job.
> What solutions you all apply in such situations?
> I feel specially those who are into proof reading can suggest me some
> solution of this problem. But that doesn’t mean that I am excluding others
> from giving their views.
> If my problem is understood at the appropriate level and if it is taken in
> right way, then I am sure to see a very healthy discussion on this point.
> And I know this fact that there will be many who must have faced this
> problem, whether they realize it or not, that is all together a different
> issue.
> Look forward for some solution.
> Regards
> Amar Jain.
> Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
> http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

"In the lonely path of broken dreams, Its the heaven that I am
searching for..
 All these stars seems dull to me, Its the moon that I
am searching for..
 There is a crowd around me at all times, Its a soul
that I am searching for..
 My life is like an endless road, Its a
destination that I m searching for..
Dont know what is it that I've
lost, Maybe it is ME that I am searching for...!"