Amar, we tend to forget taking breaks when engrossed in reading, and
true, we don't even want to take breaks, though at every 40 minutes
there has to be a break of around 5 minutes. I was fortunate when I
was using the demo version of Jaws because then I had no other chance
except taking breaks, and they really used to refresh me. Reading
sentence by sentence and voice changing are good ideas. But I feel
there is no substitute for taking a break every 40 minutes. Though I
still am figuring out how to train myself to take breaks! Friends,
please give me suggestions that how can one allow or remind himself to
take breaks amid deep reading. I would be immensely thankful. With
best wishes, Shadab

On 11/8/11, Adhimoolam Vetrivel Murugan <vadhimoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I divide reading materials in to two types. The first type is that of
> reading for leasure and the second type is of readings for studies or
> research. The former basically does not require too much of
> concentration, whereas the later requires careful consideration of
> each paragraph or as you rightly put it sometimes even words. So what
> I do is to make sure that I bookmark important passages which may be
> in the form of paragraphs or sometimes just one or two sentenses. It
> actually helps you to go back to them even if you forget something. I
> used to be a fast reader in brail too, but no more. But I would say
> that using a brail display in my view would certainly slow you down to
> a considerable extent if speed is your priority and that's the case
> with me. I am not sure about the refreshment on brail display, but I
> read with the speed of 500 words per minute and there's no way I can
> loose my concentration by focussing my attention on listening as well
> as brail reading.
>
> Vetri.
>
> On 07/11/2011, Srikanth Kanuri <srili...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi, when i lost concentration i really slow down. i try to read by
>> paragraph to paragraph. really don't have the solution as of now but i
>> adopt: change the mode of listening I.E from external speakers to
>> headphones, section by section reading, pausing for sometime, changing
>> synthesizers voice to come out of monotony, decreasing the volume
>> sometimes to get out of irritation in ear, listening for music for few
>> minutes taking gap and restarting and lastly but not the least shutting
>> down the entire PC.
>>

>> On 11/8/2011 12:11 AM, sunil wrote:
>>> hi bro,  the idea  that came after reading your mail is, , use head
>>> fones  as suggested already,
>>> and, a bit teadious, but works for me,  read line by line or paragraph
>>> by paragraph,  and take breaks even for few seconds after every line
>>> or paragraph.
>>> lets wait for more suggestion since is looking very simple problem,
>>> but actually,  its affects badly, not only in studies, but also  in
>>> other   related works.

>> Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
>> http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

> Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
> http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

Easy tips for improving English at
shadablucknow.blogspot.com
My contributions to the press