From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of prateek aggarwal
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 11:32 AM
To: accessindia
Subject: [AI] kind attention legal experts: disability certificket to dixlexic?

Hello experts,
Recently  I've  been contacted by an organization for the persons with
Dyslexia who was  so concerned regarding the disability certifickets
for Dyslexic persons.
As we kno that the person with Dyslexia  gets some concessions in
education and other sectors  along with other persons with
disabilities,  one would obviously require the disability  certificket
to present in front of  competent authorities in order to avail the
concessions.

In the case described by this organization, the students  who are in
their 10th an 12th standards  are wanting to avail the facilities of
extra time, scribes etc. which are  available for them  as per the
CBSE rules.
The problem is, that the children wishing to avail these facilities do
not have their disability certificket because  there's no  medical
panel designated who can certify the Dyslexia as a disability.
Here, the important point to consider is that Dyslexia is not
mentioned amongst the types of disabilities in persons with
disabilities act 1995 even.
In such a scenario,  can someone please clarify  what proofs should a
person with dyslexia needs to obtain in order to make him/her sele
eligible for availing the consessions and extra facilities?

Interestingly, CBSE does provide facilities of scribes and extra time
etc to dyslexic children, but does not explicitly clarify the proofs
that have  to be presented in order to avail the benefits.
i've  been trying to  get this clarified by CBSE  itself, but
unfortunately, I've not been able to get any response from them merely
apart from predefined automated emails.

A help in this regards will be highly solicited.

Regards,
Prateek agarwal.
Managing director,
Daedal technovations pvt. Ltd.
www.daedaltechnovations.com

website:
http://www.prateekagarwal.webs.com

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.