From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Uma Vr
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 8:15 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] refused to give extra time while writting AP TET exam

Good evening Access Indians,

I hope all are doing well.
Sorry to say this. The same thing happened to me today.
Today, I appeared for Post Graduation in Law Common Entrance Test in
the state of Andhra Pradesh.  Last week, I went to the University and
explained my disability to them and I requested them to allow me to
bring a Scribe on my own. But, the University authorities told that no
need to woory, we will arrange a Research Scholar to appear as a
Scribe for you.
Today, when I went to the University, they arranged a Scribe to write
my entrance exam.
But, the person who appeared for me as a Scribe was not able to read
out the legal terms properly. First of all, he was not able to read
the general terms properly and then about legal terminology.
They gave the question paper 3 minutes late and the person who
appeared for me as a scribe did not show much interest to read the
questions fully. When I ask him to repeat the question, he told that
you have to bring a Scribe on your own and it is very difficult for me
to write your exam.
In the middle, he wasted 10 minutes for tea break and for drinking
water. He attended his phone calls also.
When I ask him to spell out the word to understand, he started shouting at
me.
At Last, due to his negligence, I am not able to attend 5 questions
and more over, the University authorities refused to give me extra
time.
I worked hard to appear for the exam. But, all my efforts had gone
waste. I have no satisfaction regarding my performance in the exam.
Now, I will not get the desired result which is necessary for me to
select the college as per my wish.
The most worrying factor for me is the question paper is easy and if I
would have got a good Scribe, I would have attended very well.

On 6/1/12, shaik sazid <sazid_sha...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello list members,
> On this day Andhra Pradesh government was conducted AP Teacher Eligibility
> Test.  In the exam hall I asked the examiner to provide me extra time for
> me.  the examiner advised me to talk with district education officer.
after
> half an hour DEO visited my room I told him about my concern.  He
contacted
> the direcctor and refused me to provide extra time.  He told me extra time
> is only permisible in acadamic class only not for competetive exam.  I was
> schocked after hearing the news from an officer who is a District incharge
> for education department.  Is it true extra time is permisible only for
> central government exams and academic exams?
>
> Due to this distrubance I could not write the exam properly and I had not
> given extra time.  I told the DEO that there is Government order which is
> applicable for all over the India.  But he is not ready to take my point.
> Another thing is that class X student was provided as scribe for me.  She
> was not having fluency in reading telugu terminology as well as phsycology
> terms.  So it took lot of time to understand a question.
>
> What should I do regarding this issue.
>
> How should we educate District officers?  Does the government orders
reaches
> the officers?  Will through the orders into dust bin?  Is there is any
> communication gap between disability department and various department?
>
> Please suggest me what to do and how to educate the district officers.  To
> whom should I complaint regarding this.
>
> regards,
> SK. SAZID

please

"Past is a history, future is a mystery, but, present is a gift.
so, enjoy the present".
"No poison can kill a positive thinker and no medicine can cure a
negative thinker"

Thanks & Regards
Uma Raghunathan
you can give me a personal message by clicking the link below
arunfamily1...@gmail.com
You can join with me on skype by clicking the link below
arunfamily1