From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of zoher
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 11:25 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Satyamev jayte: don't we require special schools any more?

Dear friends,

Yesterday's program has importantly raised the issue of integrated education.
Here it comes to my mind is, now onwards will we not require special schools
for disabled?

My take on this issue is nothing can replace the need for special schools.

Following arguments can support my take.

1.       Every disabled child does not comes from the rich family, so he can
have all the facility of assistive technology in his house. Because normal
schools cannot provide with all the facilities.

2.       As show also pointed out that some of the parents are not accept their
disabled child. So it is necessary to have the special schools so that Childs
parents get proper counseling to accept their child. I don't think so any
normal school can do so.

3.       Many of the disabled children's are over protected by their parents or
many of them are overlooked by their parents. In both the case the child
becomes introward, if in this situation he is put to sited school then he will
not be able to cope with the situation.

4.       A disabled child needs to have some special tools to face the real
world, such as communication skills, presenting oneself with confidence even
with disability, or handling the subjects like math's science and geography he
needs to have a special education. Now just imagine in India schools are not
comfortable for normal students how they are going to accommodate disabled
student?

Here I mean that at list special schools are necessary till 5th or 7th
standard. Then the person is prepared to face the normal schools.

According to me, even giving entire education is in the special environment is
also not viable, as finally one has to live in the integrated society.

To get our right place in the society the first thing is that a disabled should
respect other disabled person.  In yesterdays show there was one person who was
in my school and in college also. When I was talking to him, his mother came to
me and told that keep away from my son, if he lives with disabled peoples then
he will develop an inferiority complex.

Members please carry this thread for more discussion, so we can have
enlightenment on this issue.

zoher kheriwala taheri menswear mumbai. skype id zoher.kheriwala

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.