From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Syed Imran
Sent: 10 October 2012 00:49
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] My first two weeks with Samsung S3

I always compare accessibility against the average user with sight. Since a
sighted user doesn't need to have the 'explore by touch' or any other
similar feature on, he or shee can quickly access the functionality of the
phone, be it iPhone or an Android phone. Therefore, the touchscreen
technology must undergo further changes to support tactical feedback on the
screen. I'm not saying the blind folks cannot operate the touchscreen phones
with existing solutions we have, all I'm saying is, it is very unreliable at
times. Imagine your in a very noisy environment and you've forgotten your
earphones and you want to use your phone. How will you deal with this
situation? No matter how big of an expert you are, you'll find it
bewildering to operate your phone. Isn't this a major drawback of whatever
existing solutions we have in dealing with touchscreen devices?
I'm not against this technology, but I'm concerned with our existing
solutions / approach to deal with touchscreens.