But, the cheque is attested by the manager of the branch, it is honoured without fail. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Amar Jain" <amarjain2...@gmail.com>
To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] cheques with thumb impression

Not monitored the threat, but as far as SBI is concerned, they refuse
from accepting the cheques with thumb impression for third parties,
due to lack of technology of verifying the thumb impression of the
customers. Principally you can obtain a cheque book, but ultimately
where you have to make a payment, then demand draft is the only
option.

For utility payments, at least my branch asks me to put thumb
impression in front of them, then somewhere they write verified and
send the cheque to clearing house. Lets hope that biometrics come in
place to tackle this problem soon!

--
Amar Jain.
Website: www.amarjain.com