Hi,
While others could continue to write in their experience of using cheque book
with thumb impression, we need some clarifications from those who responded.

Manish Panicker: Has your branch of PNB put any more restriction or adopted any
additional procedure for issuing you cheque book and honouring your cheques?
Deepak Pithva: are you following any different rules/procedure compared to
someone using signature in using cheque book with your thumb impression?
Rajesh Parakh: Did you mean that you have to sign as well as put your thumb
impression on your cheques and chequebook requisition?
Rajesh Asudani and others: Hasn't any bank begun using biometric systems to
verify thumb impression on cheques?

Also please confirm if you issue cheques with only your thumb impressions, or
there is a joint account holder also signing them.

Thanks for sharing your experiences,

best regards,

Pranay Gadodia | Programme Manager
Project Eyeway - A knowledge resource for living a fuller life with vision loss
C/o Score Foundation, 17/107, Basement, Vikram Vihar, Lajpatnagar 4, New Delhi
110024, INDIA.

Helpdesk:+91 - 11 - 460 70 380 (Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm)
Email: helpd...@eyeway.org
Website: www.eyeway.org