Rajesh Asudani and others: Hasn't any bank begun using biometric systems to
verify thumb impression on cheques?
R: Not to my knowledge.

-----Original Message-----
From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Eyeway Helpdesk
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:06 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Cheques with thumb impression

Hi,
While others could continue to write in their experience of using cheque book
with thumb impression, we need some clarifications from those who responded.

Manish Panicker: Has your branch of PNB put any more restriction or adopted any
additional procedure for issuing you cheque book and honouring your cheques?
Deepak Pithva: are you following any different rules/procedure compared to
someone using signature in using cheque book with your thumb impression?
Rajesh Parakh: Did you mean that you have to sign as well as put your thumb
impression on your cheques and chequebook requisition?
Rajesh Asudani and others: Hasn't any bank begun using biometric systems to
verify thumb impression on cheques?

Also please confirm if you issue cheques with only your thumb impressions, or
there is a joint account holder also signing them.

Thanks for sharing your experiences,

best regards,

Pranay Gadodia | Programme Manager
Project Eyeway - A knowledge resource for living a fuller life with vision loss
C/o Score Foundation, 17/107, Basement, Vikram Vihar, Lajpatnagar 4, New Delhi
110024, INDIA.

Helpdesk:+91 - 11 - 460 70 380 (Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm)
Email: helpd...@eyeway.org
Website: www.eyeway.org