From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of ss sarfudeen
Sent: 14 January 2013 00:08
To: accessindia
Subject: [AI] A site for bringing vi job seekers and employers together!

Dear all,

I agree that a few such initiatives are being taken by people at different
levels. But the existing harsh reality is that most employers are not
willing to hire people with vision impairments and this is what I hear
every time from both individuals and organisations working in the area of
disability. This scenario is very true particularly in a city like Chennai
where the level of awareness about visual disability is very low. Please
note that I am not against anyone or any efforts made in the direction of
enhancing the job opportunities for the vision impaired segment. My only
question is that how much of these efforts produce fruitful results for
this group.

Regards,

Sultana

dia.org.in