Audio announcements of coach numbers by speakers on the out side of the coaches
near the doors is surely such a simple solution, benefiting many beside VI.

-----Original Message-----
From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Srinivasu Chakravarthula
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 7:09 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Cc: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: Re: [AI] Braille stickers in trains for visually-challenged

Umesha - just to clarify, I never meant iPhone or android with regards to app.
There are several methods like SMS or by calling 139 and several things can be
done with a featured phone.

I agree, we should not think only for Access Indians and in fact, we should
think for cross and beyond disabilities. Also we should keep in mind what is
feasible for implementation too. So even VI folks are not alone the
beneficiaries.

Regards,

Srinivasu
http://srinivasu.org Twitter: @vasutweets
Sent from my iPad

On Jan 27, 2013, at 10:11 PM, "Umesha Economics" <umesha....@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi mohit,
> yes, it is exactly what I meant. dear srinivasu, please don't think only
> about Access Indians. how many VIs have IPhone or android?
> regarding identity cards, I don't believe in mingling with UID card. there
> are many controversies in it and it is not completely done in all regions.
> should this train facility which would be inherently slow, should be further
> halted due to those problems? moreover, the database should be fully owned
> and maintained by railways. UID data is kept by a separate firm. if there is
> a problem in data connections between the 2, the customers will be adversely
> affected.
>
> Umesha
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mohith B. P." <ckm.moh...@gmail.com>

Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes calls
asking for personal information like your bank account details, passwords, etc.
It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any manner
to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.