While you follow the process stated by Amar, would suggest in the mean
while to register your complaint on
www.scores.gov.in
Give full details of the issue at hand there.
Your issue shall be resolved faster.

I had spoken to the appropriate persons for the same here in SEBI.

If matter does not get resolved even then, please contact me.

Thanks and warm regards,

Rahul

On 3/18/13, Amar Jain <amarjain2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Google could have helped :(
>
> A circular is certainly issued both by NSDL and CDSL for opening the
> Demat account with thumb impression for those who are blind. The
> circulars are available on: www.prateekagarwal.webs.com in the
> appropriate section.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, NSDL had also encorporated the same in
> its account opening master circular, and CDSL surely has it in the DP
> Inspection manual under operating instruction 2.5.
>
> Your first option is to approach the branch with the circulars in
> hand, and if they deny, then approach Depository Participant Central
> Processing Cell, SBI for opening of Demat account.
>
> Contact details:
> Email: dp...@sbi.co.in / quer...@sbi.co.in
> Tollfree No.: 18002099080.
>
> It is very unlikely that you won't get your problem solved from their
> end, but in any circumstance if it so happens, then contact the
> investor grievance cell of NSDL / CDSL respectively. Details of which
> are available on their websites.
>
> As rightly said by Rahul bhaiya and Rajesh sir, the regulator for
> securities market is SEBI, and not RBI which caters to banking sector.
>
> The whole exercise is futile if you have net banking for visually
> challenged, as you will not have transaction rights which are required
> for trading.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Amar Jain.