Dear Kanchan,
apart from what pranav mention,
I would like to add some few points
the HR folks of the company should also be sensitize regarding  the
tool use to select vi person during recruitment and selection
process..

Can the venue be also in pune.
Really  appreciate the hard work put by you.

On 4/2/13, Pranav Lal <pranav....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kanchan,
> My answers are inline.
>
> 2. What do you want corporate training on? I thought of interpersonal
> skills
> at the office and anything else that they teach their regular employees.
> PL] The problem with interpersonal skills is that the trainer may not know
> about the unique issues that the blind face. For example, the whole issue
> of
> body language, eye contact etc. Some listers have suggested table manners.
> We have experienced one such exercise. <chuckle We will need to sensitize
> their trainers first.
>
> 3. If you want a series of trainings then what?
> A. Project management.
> B. The effective use of word processing applications. (There is a problem
> here where the trainers do not know screen readers) However, I would like
> trainees to learn the kinds of things we need to do in the corporate world
> with productivity applications. Basics like spell checking, creating
> presentations etc could be covered.
> C. A session on information security. Given the size of the company you
> mention, there should be a security team who may enjoy talking to a fresh
> audience.
> D. It may be useful to talk about performance management; things like goal
> setting, key result areas, salary slips etc.
> E. Get an experienced consultant to talk about handling client expectations
> and scope creep. It would be good to simulate a project scoping meeting.
> F. Sales training would be good to. How do they sell a service? What is the
> revenue model? Do they rely on referrals and how do they get out in the
> market?
> G. The use of social media. This assumes that the company uses social media
> to engage their clients.
> H. If you cover time management, get someone to cover time sheets and how
> consultants are billed.
> I. Would it be possible to show sales agreements and service contracts? I
> am
> thinking that the trainees should understand how they look and what do the
> terms mean. This could be useful to them if they become independent service
> providers themselves.
> J. A series of sessions on the core areas of the consultancy. For instance,
> if the company consults on performance management, then have sessions on
> that. If it is IT, then talk about things like the cloud, industry trends,
> vendor management etc. Do not cover core technical aspects.
>
> 4. If you want their employees as volunteers then apart from reading what
> else do you want them to do.
> PL] A. Help in describing images in particular for STEM subjects. Engineers
> may enjoy this since they will use their engineering. <chuckle
> B. Helping with editing text books that have been scanned.
> C. If there are programmers, then we have a lot of work for them.
> [...]

Thanks & Regards
Mohammed Tausif Iqbal
Advisory Associate
Pricewaterhouse Coopers Service Delivery Centre
Mobile: 00919836218347
Skype:tausif.iqbal
Email:tos...@gmail.com