Kartik, all the best for your fight.
Its not just a case of one individual, there are larger questions of
systemic significance. A greater struggle is the need of the hour. The
legal minds involved could perhaps provide more ideas asto how to go
ahead.
Best,

On 4/5/13, Kartik Sawhney <sawhney.kar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, this judgement does not bring any relief. Consider the
> following:
>
> 1. CBSE in its letter to the centre superintendent has requested him
> to provide a "student of at least class XI studying Sciences" as per
> the judgement. Now, if a student currently in class XI (who has just
> been promoted to class XI on April1) is provided as a reader, he will
> not be able to read out the questions to me. What I wanted was a
> student of class XII (who has passed class XI in Science) to ensure
> that he knows at least some of the symbols and notations on the test.
> 2. According to the CBSE and IIT, the scribe/reader cannot help me
> with rough work, and cannot do scratch work/intermediate work for me.
> Further, no assistive tools that I use for calculations etc. can be
> permitted in the examination centre. This means that the organisations
> expect me to compute 16545×15241 mentally. I don't understand how they
> want me to do so. They want me to solve a numerical involving ionic
> equilibrium in physical Chemistry, and keep track of all the
> intermediate steps. This is next to impossible.
> 3. Nothing has been done about the questions involving
> figures/diagrams. I gave three options to address this:
>
> a. Provide alternate questions in lieu of visuals
> b. Provide verbal discription of the figures/diagrams involved
> c. Provide exemption from the questions involving figures/diagrams
>
> None have been agreed to unfortunately.
>
> Regards,
>
> On 4/5/13, Mohib Anwar Rafel <mohibra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> good relief but I am in the favour that the court should decide upon
>> the future of these guidelines passed by ministry. Since these
>> guidelines have been passed none of the recruiting agencies who
>> published their advertisements after such date have encorporated into
>> their guidelines, few examples are: UPSC, U.P public service
>> commission, LIC recruitment and there may be many more!
>>
>> On 4/5/13, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> New Delhi, Fri Apr 05 2013
>>> Providing relief to a visually challenged student scheduled to take
>>> the IIT-JEE exam this year, the Delhi High Court has directed the
>>> IIT-JEE examination control body to follow the guidelines issued by
>>> the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and allow him to take
>>> the exam with the help of a writer who has studied science at least up
>>> to class XI.
>>> http://www.indianexpress.com/news/allow-scribes-with-science-background-for-blind-candidates-in-iitjee-exam-he-tells-exam-body/1097927/0
>>> The directions of Justice G S Sistani came on a writ petition filed by
>>> visually challenged student Kartik Sawhney. He alleged that the
>>> present rules governing the IT-JEEP exam were in violation of the
>>> guidelines issued by the Department of Disability Affairs, Ministry of
>>> Social Justice and Empowerment in February, and created several
> [...]

Mahesh S. Panicker
Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science,
Lady Shri Ram College, Lajpat Nagar
New Delhi 110024