Dear all,
I had only expressed some of my concerns and requested for some
brainstorming on this issue.
There was no need of  such strong reactions.

Dear Avichal, Akhilesh, Bijoy and others, many thanks for your respect and
support. But I request you not to respond to such personal comments. Please
try to restrain yourself from allowing someone to take the debate in
unwanted direction.

I guess I am among the oldest members of AccessIndia and in the last 10odd
years  I have encouraged dozens and dozens of visually impaired persons to
join the list. I have seen the growth of the list and the enormous benefits
it has brought to its members. Even though the traffic has grown
significantly I have tried to read all the mails on a daily basis. This
however becomes difficult when due to some reason I am not able to check
mails for a few days. The pile of unread AI mails becomes so huge that even
going through the subject line becomes a very big task. It is perhaps due to
this that many of my friends  who could have benifitted from the list and
contributed significantly dropped out of the list. Unfortunately many of
them are the ones who should have joined but being non-techky they are not
able to handle the traffic.

AI has the potential of getting 5000 and even 50 thousand members one day
considering the 15 million plus population of visually impaired in India. I
would dearly like to remain a member even on that day but I am bit worried
as to how many mails I will be able to read. I guess I have the right to get
worried and do some thinking about this at least.

But it is perfectly fine if no change is made to the list setup. I will
remain a member and try to contribute. After all our beloved list is the
premier communication channel for VI community here.

I guess many of us have given our thoughts to the moderator already and he
may close this thread.
>From my side I will not add to this thread any more.

With regards,
Prashant