Dear Prashant/ Harish,

This is a tricky issue. My considered view is that it would be too
premature to put conditions of references/ invitations to join the list.
There are several people on the list who just want to be updated on the new
development in the VI Sector, family members, friends, relatives,
journalists, students, govt. officials,  and the list is too wide.

Email verifications and brief information about the person joining the list
would serve the purpose of the list. The moderator may consider having more
personal information, if required, about each member admitted to the list.
 Idea is not to restrict the members on the list but to promote and
enourage healthy and constructive discussions and information sharing on
the subjects that affect the VI and allowed under the list guidelines. This
being a public forum,  the archive of the mails/discussions is available
thorugh search engines.

Therefore, conduct of the person on the list over a period of time should
be the deciding criteria and Moderator should be the best judge on this.
Any content  that is abusive or comes with in the restricted parameters can
also be removed from the archive and thread closed for traffic and the
person /email id can be banned from the list after due diligence.
regards

Subhash Chandra Vashishth
Advocate