 From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Mohib Anwar Rafel
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:07 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] query: provision of having separate evaluation
system/examiner for student with VI

So far as my wisdom bethinks, there is no such rule/guideline of any
university/UGC which provides any kind of relaxation or special treatment in
respect of visually challanged candidates while evaluating their answer
sheets. I have never came across of such mandate upon the evaluator or the
university officials, even they don't indicate that this answerbook belongs
to a visually challanged candidate! Perhaps they don't do so because making
any sign or representation which could help in identifying you amongst
others students is not permitted. However at school level or in internal
examinations if the teacher knows you personally, he can make such
relaxations on the basis of equity.

On 5/28/13, Shabina Bano <shab...@eyeway.org> wrote:
>  Dear friends,
>
> I am looking for circular/guidelines which lay down provision of
> getting visually impaired person's answer scripts checked/evaluated
> separately by the examiner. The provision of getting the VIs' answer
> scripts checked separately is needed because they use the facility of
> an amanuenses/scribe who can possibly do spelling mistakes and can
> also make other errors.
>
>  Please let me know if you have knowledge to share regarding this
> matter or suggest any possible link. Your help is appreciated.
>

> Thanks & regards,
>

> Shabina Bano
> Research Officer
> Score Foundation
> 17/107, Lower ground floor
> Vikram Vihar, Lajpat Nagar-4
> Tel:011-26472582, website: www.eyeway.org Register at the dedicated
> AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs
> on:
> essindia.org.in

> .in

> veracity;

Mohib Anwar Rafel
M.Phil/Masters in International Law, Center for International Legal Studies
JNU.
Pursuing Masters of Law, at University of Delhi

Phone: 09811767506,
01127666896

ia.org.in

sent through this mailing list..