Dear All
I just had a long telephonic conversation with the Regional Director
of NIVH Chennai Dr. I. Arivanandham and I asked all questions which
have made many boiled on social media. I contected him because media
persons in delhi are hurrying to get him on their radar...
He said: his speech has been highly exaggerated.  He didn't say 80 per
cent intellegence aminates from visual sense but 80 per cent
information gets processed from eyes. He also said: he had very
limited time to talk in that confrence and he is guilty that only
started his lecture with negative things but he had many positives
aspects also to share. The way blind people have responded to this
episode has made him mentally unwell. When I asked him about his PHD
and publications, he told me his research was on 'Gandhian Paradigm:
and the challenges of visually challenged people. He has also authored
a book on blind people. I asked him to tender opology to the blind
community he responded: Yes I will do this via media, but these days
due to this much exaggeration and distorted of my lecture I'm very
disturbed and want mental peace. However, he has opoligised to his
staff in the institute. He is 59 and not blind will get retire soon.
When I insisted to let me know where I can obtain his speech, he said:
will clearify and let people know everything after few days. but
please  let me spend some time alone now. He also kept telling me: he
has been working with blind people for last 25 years and his record is
clean in the office. Finally I asked why do yu think, totally blind
people don't have dressing sense, they can't clean their teeth
properly and so on? he said: 'Avinash being the regional Director I'm
aware of my duty and responsibility and how to be politically correct
before the government officials and my staff. believe me my speech has
been distorted. He has promissed to share his response on the affair
soon probably by the end of next week.
On 9/8/13, Naushad Charivilayil <naushadcharivila...@gmail.com> wrote:
> He just express the view of politician and common people in India, about
> visually challenged society. I recently faced similar experience from
> the office of Kerala chief minister.
>
> On 9/8/2013 1:21 PM, Parakh Rajesh wrote:
>> now he is regional director of NIVH chennai, which is the top post there.
>> regards,
>> rajesh parakh
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Raaj" <vennillaicecr...@gmail.com>

Avinash Shahi
M.Phil Research Scholar
Centre for The Study of Law and Governance
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi India