From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of ishita kapoor
Sent: 19 November 2013 15:06
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
the disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] Blind Beggars in Banglore

Good work avinash.
Last year I got an opportunity to meet a blind person who was bagging at
hanuman temple rajkot gujarat.
I talked to him for 15 to 20 minutes.
He was intelligent and 12th pass.
He said that bagging is my business. And I am happy with it. I can earn 500
per day in this business without doing anything.
I asked him to do something meaningful with his life. But he replied I don't
want to do anything.
I really found him happy with his life.
I couldn't speak anything.
I said him bye bye without giving anything.

On 11/18/13, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
> Nobody wants to begg, but hunger and burning stomach compell many to do
so.
> We should respect these blind beggars, who are in absense of any
> elementary support by family and the state are compelled to begg for
> alms. they are fighting for bare minimum.There are thousands who are
> forced to begg like them.
> Can we do anything for them?
> They are six blind men, 2 Aged around thirty, two mid thirties and
> other two above forty.. Two are holding dirty rounded clowths and
> others have stranded their palms in anticipation of money and food and
> singing in corus.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pEmOXC3M8w
> Please if possible supply few data/surveys done on blind beggars in
> Indian cities I'm writing one piece on blind beggars for one national
> Indian Magazine. Please if you know any locality in Delhi where blind
> beggars live in groups then also inform me.
> ---
> Avinash Shahi
> M.Phil Research Scholar
> Centre for The Study of Law and Governance Jawaharlal Nehru University
> New Delhi India
>
> Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing
> accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs on:
> essindia.org.in

> .in

> veracity;

ia.org.in