From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
akhilesh
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:32 AM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] A major breakthrough - appointment of totally blind person in
IDBI Bank

congratulations for nab bombay to this big achievement. it mean a lot
for visually impaired community!

On 11/20/13, NAB - Department of Employment <employm...@nabindia.info> wrote:

> To,
>
> The Access India Members
>
> Dear All,
>
> It gives us great
> pleasure in sharing this important information which will help you all
> in near future.
>
> IDBI Bank has given the appointment order for the post
> of Probationary Officer from 1st December 2013 to Mr Jeevan Chavan
> totally blind person, which was previously not done due to various
> reasons.
>
> Mr Jeevan Chavan after clearing written and oral interviews
> from IBPS 2 had opted for IDBI Bank for posting. During his document
> verification, when it was noticed that he is a visually challenged
> person i.e. totally blind, his case was not process further by the bank
> officials. The officials/management of IDBI bank clearly said "As per
> the policy of the IDBI Bank we do not appoint totally blind persons".
> Mr. Chavan then contacted NAB India Employment Department and the matter
> was taken further. NAB officials went personally to the bank and also
> sent several letters but in vain. The only reply received was "THE POST
> IS IDENTIFIED FOR LOW VISION" and hence the bank was unable to appoint a
> totally blind person.
>
> Finally, NAB India presented the case to Office
> of Chief Commissioner of Disability, New Delhi and a complaint was
> filed. The hearing was on 9th Sept, 2013. The Chief Commissioner of
> Disability, Shri Prasannakumar Pincha gave a landmark judgement to the
> bank that the totally blind person should be appointed within two months
> of the order and also the bank should strictly adhere to the
> guidelines/circulars.
>
> This is indeed a landmark judgment not for an
> individual or organisation but an illustration to all those who avoid
> appointing totally blind persons citing different reasons.
>
> For copy
> of judgment or complaint document contact nab employment as attachments
> are not allowed on this mailing list.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pallavi Kadam
>

> Director,
> NAB India Department of Employment, Mumbai
>
> 09870199213

Akhilesh Dahiya,
Advocate.
Mobile: +91 9818798780
Email: akhil.akhi...@gmail.com
New Delhi

Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes calls
asking for personal information like your bank account details, passwords, etc.
It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any manner
to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.