Read this news article friends.

Visually challenged denied writers in exams
Bhanu P Lohumi
Tribune News Service
Shimla, March 3. Visually challenged students appearing for various
exams have not been provided writers in spite of clear guidelines
issued by the Department of Disability Affairs, Ministry of Social
Justice and Empowerment.
The XII Board exams and university clerical exams will commence from
March 5 and 9, but the department has rejected the demand of the
students to arrange scribes and asked them to arrange them on their
own.
Noting that the state had not provided writers them, the Department of
Disability Affairs had asked the examination conducting authority to
arrange scribes for these candidates.
However, the department took a stand that it would not provide
scribes/writers to the candidates who were unable to write and only
allow the disabled persons to arrange writer for them.
Vinay, a visually challenged person from Hamirpur, who is to appear
for the clerical exam conducted by Himachal Pradesh University on
March 9, said he had been asked to find a writer for himself with the
conditions that the writer should be matriculate with less than 50 per
cent marks.
"I am unable to find the writer with less than 50 per cent marks and
as a result I will not be able to appear in the exam," he lamented.
Prem, another student, hailing from Rampur, said: "I am not able to
study for my exams as failure to get a writer has become a nightmare
for me as we are not given Braile sets in exams and writer reads out
the question paper to us. Moreover, we have to send two photographs
and proof of educational qualification of the scribe and affidavit to
the Secretary of the education Board/Controller of Exam in
universities with an application for their approval. It is a lengthy
process and if the approval is not given on time, the candidate is not
allowed to sit in the examination," she added.
Chairman, Umang Foundation, Ajay Srivastav, who has been fighting for
their rights for the past one year, has also asked the government to
abide by the guidelines of the Union Government and immediately
provide writers to the students.

--
Amar Jain.
Website: www.amarjain.com