Dear all,

I came acrossthis very discriminatory recent circular of PNB regarding issue of
banking facilities to visually impaired. The irony is that it has been issued
to comply to the RBI guidelines.

The scanned version of the circular is pasted below. Please ignore the typos,
the text is readable anyway.

I am taking up this case on behalf of NAB Delhi here, but others may also take
suitable action.

Particulary note that in the name of non-discrimination the bank head office is
asking all officers to

>            ATM/Debit Cards Internet Banking & Mobile Banking services may be
> provided to visually impaired persons considering the merits of each
> applicant like education qualification, status etc.

>            Obtain undertaking from the applicant (as per annexure) along with
> the request form. And the undertaking wants the visually impaired to take all
> risks.

What can be more discriminatory!

23.12.2013

To All Offices

Transaction Banking Division HO: 5, Sansad Marg, New Delhi - 110 001

! in supersession of TBD Circu.ar number i I 08/2009 dated 24.02.2009

Guidelines for issoance of ATM/ ;

Débit Gard, internet Bankmg/Mobile

Banking services to visually impaired customers.

TRANSACTION BANKING DIVISION CIRCULÂR NO. 55 /2013

Reg: Êssuance of ATM/ Débit Gard, Internet Banking/Mobile Banking services to

visuaüy impaired customers.

Guidelines for issuance of ATM/ Débit ca rds te visuaüy irr.paired customers
were issued vide TBD Circuiar number 08/200S dated 24.02.200S.

RB! has mandated that a!! the banking faciiities shouid be made avaiîabie te
visuaüy impaired customer with o ut any discrimination. We have beeri receiving
référencés from the circles for providing Internet banking /'Mobile banking
faciiities to visuaüy impaired customers. In this connection, the guidelines
are appended below:

>            ATM/Debit Cards Internet Banking & Mobile Banking services mav be
> provided te visuaKy impaired persons considering the merits of eaefc
> appiicant îike educationai qualification, status etc.

>            Obtain undertaking from the appiicant (as per annexure) along with
> the request form.

>            The facility can be provided in Joint accounts aiso.

>            The spécifié request along with fui! justification shouid be sent
> to the respective circle offices for approvai.

>            Circie Heads have been empowered to approve such requests.

Ai! concerned are advised to note the above guidelines for strict compliance.

(Hari Kant Rai) General Manager

LETTER OF UNPERTAKING

Place:

The Manager Punjab National Bank

Dear Sir,

Reg: My Saving / Overdraft account no.               . îssuance of

ATM/ Débit Card/internet Banking/Mobile Banking facility

With reference to my application for issuance of ATM/ Débit card /internet
Banking/Mobile banking in my name, ! déclaré and undertake as under:

lworkas                             and my visual disabiiity creates no hurdle
in performing of my

work.

! can very well handie the ATM/ Debît Card/ internet Banking/Mobile banking, if
issued to me. I shall use this facüity, at my own risk and responsibiiity.

? undertake that in case of any unauthor&ad transactions in any manner, the
Bank wil! not be heid -.îabie or responsible for the same.

Yours faithfully,

Signature

Name

Address

The contents of the above undertaTiing has beer, read cverby^rne

to Shri   __(customer)and he has signed

/ affixed thumb impression on this undertaking after understanding its contents
and that the bank shall not be liable in case of misuse of ATM/ Débit card or
any other cause or any urtauihorized transaction usïng internet Banking/Mobile
banking, which is issued to | hfffc^n his request, l, in token of having
explained the contents as above to the | applicant aiso append my signature to
this undertaking as witness.

Witness              . . _        _

Signature

Name :