From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Him Prasad Gautam
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:16 AM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues
concerningthe disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] how to read hindi in a pdf document?

hi,
Let it be clear.
1. Any TTS of any language in any engine does not read any texts  but
it only speaks.
2. It speaks only those texts which are send by the screen reader.
3. An TTS is like a mike not a mouth.
4. Hence a question like whether one TTS supports this or that
application is meaningless.
However, asking whether a TTS supports this or that screen reader is
pertinent question.
Similarly, a query whether one screen reader supports this or that
application is also right.
Conclusion.
In principle; If jaws supports pdf and vocalizer supports jaws; it
should speak the text. However, if the jaws is unable to read the
Hindi text of pdf format; no chance of speaking by vocalizer. If a
person does not speak and keeps silent, the loudspeaker becomes
voiceless. Here the silence is due to by a man not by the speaker!

On 9/23/14, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the character encoding system Unicode? If not, then unfortunately
> you will not be able to read the PDF. If you are wondering why, search
> the archives of AI for a detailed explanation given by Mr. Him Prasad
> Gautam.
> If the text is in the form of an image, then you need to perform OCR.
> But neither the OCR addon for NVDA or FS Omnipage (as per my
> knowledge) support Hindi. I am inquiring about Hindi support in OCR
> addon for NVDA, because it should be possible, and will share what
> answers I get.
> Hope that helps.
>
> On 9/23/14, Mohib Anwar Rafel <mohibra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am using jaws 14 with lekha for hindi. Is it possible to read hindi
>> with the help of lekha in a pdf document? I am also using NVDA, please
>> tell me if it can be read with the NVDA too.
>>
>> --
>> Mohib Anwar Rafel
>> M.Phil 2011, LL.M 2013
>> Ph.D Candidate, at Jawaharlal Nehru University Delhi, India
>> Phone: 09211192333,
>> 09268444400
>> Skype: mohibrafel

>> of