From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Rahul Gambhir
Sent: 16 January 2015 23:23
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
the disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] IRCTC introduced send OTP instead of CAPTCHA

Hello Folks,

Today I noticed that IRCTC is now offering OTP at all stages of booking a
train ticket.
When I loged in with an OTP the entire session was based on OTP
verification, and when I loged with Captcha code the session was based on
Captcha verifications  .
Sharing the first time experience of transacting with OTP on IRCTC website,
I got OTP at 3 stages.
Step1: OTP for Login
Step2: OTP for booking: after entering the passenger details, selecting the
submit button OTP was sent immediately and it has to be entered while
confirming the booking credentials
Step3: OTP for payment: This OTP has to be entered on the payment screen

Please note I did not make the final payment as there is no travel plan in
near future.
Eagerly anticipating to read other users experiences With Best regards Rahul
Gambhir

On 1/16/15, Bikram <bikram.greets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The captcha provided for the purpose of verification of booking is
> significantly different than the one appears at the log in screen.
> Webvisum doesn't recognize any value of that captcha at all, while it
> can provide the solution for the log in captcha.
>
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 2:23 AM, inamuddin <inamuddi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Very well.
>>
>> On 1/15/2015 10:19 PM, Vikas Kapoor wrote:
>>
>>> Besides that, the date edit field also became accessible which was
>>> really very irritating while booking a ticket...

ia.org.in