Does anyone know what is the actual condition of persons with
blindness in this country? Does anyone know how the literacy rate
among the blind is? Does anyone know how many blind persons have been
employed in public/private enterprises?
The ratio is appalling, only 48_% blind have managed to acquire basic
literacy in comparison to general ratio which is now 71%,
Only 10% passed 12th, around 2 to 3% are in so called higher
education. Out of million blind a handful does uses or would have ever
heard of screen reader application available for them. 0.4% in public
and 0.3% in private sector they are employed.
Consider these actual facts and please try to sensitize your arguments
in light of these facts which are even a blot on the already educated
and elite segments of our community. The law for us came in 1995 and
it has started implementing recently not by the government but by the
judicial indictments and now because of such legal fighting if handful
of blind persons have gained some respectability their competency has
started recognize by the private/governmental authorities than we
ourselves have started pulling the legs of our own people? I don’t
understand what sorts of awareness, sensitizing whistle blowing we are
doing.
 One does not know how much competent and capable few blind
students/aspirant has become that they are getting hard fighting from
other blind fellow itself doo hope that this self-blaming attitude
will amend its way neither it may results mutual suicide within our
community.

MD MISHBAHUL
PHD RESEARCH SCHOLAR
CENTER FOR POLITICAL STUDIES,