From: Mike Jones [mailto:michael.jo...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, December 8, 2017 14:46
To: Esko Dijk <esko.d...@philips.com>; Samuel Erdtman <sam...@erdtman.se>
Cc: Benjamin Kaduk <ka...@mit.edu>; ace@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ace] WGLC on draft-ietf-ace-cbor-web-token (ends 29 November)

Requiring extra code in recipients to ignore tags that already must not be
present would make them needlessly more complicated and hurt interop. It's
virtually certain that many implementations will not include this extra code
that should never be executed. We shouldn't put developers in the position of
deciding whether to add code for a case that already must not occur.
-- Mike

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally
protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this email is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original email.