> I've seen it just return </est>, but I guess if you want to return the
> port number, you have to return the hostname... <:61616/est> won't do?

The closest thing valid according to the ABNF definitions would be
<coaps://:61616/est>

But unfortunately CoAP by its RFC 7252 URI definition forbids using an empty
host (reg-name) in a CoAP URI.

> So I've assumed that discovery happens on 5684, under DTLS.
> You are suggesting that we need to run an unencrypted CoAP to offer the
> discovery option as well.

Ok, discovery can happen on port 5684 - in general a CoAP server MAY support
discovery on 5684 and MUST support it on 5683 if discovery is offered.
For our purposes, ace-coap-est could require that an EST server MUST offer
discovery on port 5684. And we avoid any long-URI issues in the return payload.

Esko