Peter van der Stok <stokc...@bbhmail.nl> wrote:
    > What do I read?  when you do GET coap://example.com/.well-known/core
    > The discovery is on port 5683.  When you do GET
    > coaps://example.com/.well-known/core the discovery port is 5684.

yes, the question is, when you ask:

coap://example.com/.well-known/core?rt=ace.est

do you expect to get back a pointer to:

   coaps://example.com/est

    > RFC 7030 does not ask a port number from IANA.  And a search through
    > IANA port numbers on "est" does not yield anything.

It does not.
a) it doesn't do discovery, but just uses /.well-known directly.
b) it assumes https://

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [