and EAP experts would be needed. With that assumption I believe this
specification could be a useful component.

Göran

On 2021-01-26, 10:40, "Ace on behalf of Josh Howlett" <ace-boun...@ietf.org on
behalf of j...@federated-solutions.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    I believe this document should be adopted.

    * CoAP will benefit from a successful and highly extensible authentication
framework that today supports many different forms of authentication,
increasing the range of use cases that can be supported
    * it will enable CoAP-based infrastructure to use existing deployed AAA
systems for authentication, reducing the barrier to adoption of CoAP
    * it will help deployers to align their CoAP and their other EAP-based
infrastructures, such as IEEE 802.1X, helping them to leverage common business
processes (e.g., identity proofing and credentialling). This could be
particularly beneficial within certified environments (e.g., ISO27001).

    Josh

    Hi,

    The charter approval by the IESG is expected to be approved in the coming
weeks. In the meanwhile, this email starts a call for adoption on work that has
been included in the charter. Of course, adoption is contingent on the
rechartering succeeding.

    The document called for adoption is draft-marin-ace-wg-coap-eap available
here:

    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marin-ace-wg-coap-eap-07

    Please state your opinion on whether this work should not or should be
adopted by the WG and express your motivation for such a statement. The call
for adoption closes on February 4.

    Yours,

    Daniel

    --