Hi Mark!

Hmmm, it could be me that's been missing it.  In my case where I need to hit
several DBs, it sounds like I should have instead turned my
AuthenticationServiceImpl into AuthenticationProviderImpl (implementing
AuthenticationProvider) and get away from Acegi's DaoAuthenticationProvider
& AuthenticationDao interfaces altogether.  Am I close?

To answer your curiosity, our first data source is a reference DB for a
user's identity, like whether they're active or terminated, an employee or
non-employee, if they're hourly or exempt from overtime, etc.  The second DB
contains a person's access roles that make sense to couple with the
lifecycle of DB #2's records.  The third DB contains area management
responsibilities and the app's audit log (which we insert into upon every
authentication event).  A fourth DB will be connected soon that is our
fingerprint and background check reference DB.  Who knows how many more we
may add in the future... :-)

Scott