> Ray Krueger wrote:
>> I do sort of see your point Scott, but I have to agree with Mark here.
>> AuthenticationDao may not be the best name, but it isn't the service.
>> I could see the ProviderManager as a service, or even the
>> AuthenticationProvider, but not the AuthenticationDao.
>>
>> Either way, I think the naming of AuthenticationDao is some what of a
>> semantic issue, and renaming it would have pretty far reaching effect
>> for little gain. My vote, if this is one hehe, would be no as well.

I'm OK with No if users like me really should be implementing AuthenticationProvider instead of AuthenticationDao whenever they need to hit more than one data source.  Can someone comment to that?

Quoting Scott Battaglia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Not to suggest any more renaming, but is the "Authentication" part of
> AuthenticationDao even appropriate? :-)  In the case of someone using
> CAS, the AuthenticationDao is really being used for Authorization.
> By virtue of using CAS, you are already authenticated.

Yea, but then again it _is_ acting as a steward for the pre-authenticated user.  I envision this as a buddy getting you a free ticket at a concert.  He is trusted by the band and he already knows (has authenticated) you.  The "authentication" happened before getting to the gates, but he did do it nonetheless.

Scott