Am Sat, 2 May 2015 22:20:45 +0000
schrieb "Salz, Rich" <rs...@akamai.com>:
> We seem to have a lot of enthusiasm, and probably a good consensus,
> for defining a new protocol. The target is online enrollment for
> servers, initially Web Servers although others can be supported.  The
> standard cert-request/cert data structures (i.e., PKCS 10 and 7) will
> be supported.

I am quite sure the Charter will be finished once letsencrypt is live :)

> Am I wrong?  Is there an on-line certificate enrollment protocol
> that, say, multiple CA's support?

The question is, will ACME be the one?

But does that really matter? I would be happy with an open standard
only implemented by Lets Encrypt.

(Yeah I am aware that this might not be the best oppinion on a planned
IETF WG, but the past discussion was not very encouraging.)

Gruss
Bernd