Use NT Server Manager to delete the Server... I know this a dirty way to do
it but it has not caused any problems so far.

... else use ntdsutil to clear up your meta data (cant remember off the top
of my head)

Robert Rutherford
MIS Department - DEK International GmbH
+44 (0)1305 208232
+44 (0)7974 249494

                    "Windows 2000"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    Sent by:                       cc:

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Subject:     Re: [ActiveDir]
removing NT 'BDC' from users and computers
                    ivedir.org

                    07/01/2002 15:55

                    Please respond to

                    ActiveDir

My understanding is that if the global server is unavailable only Domain
Admins can login.

Jason