From: Rick Kingslan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 8:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Admin Account Trouble

Craig,

Can't happen - the Administrator account can't be locked out.  Which, if
you think about it is the reason that it's attacked over any other
potential admin equivalent account.  If the account 'Rick' is an admin
equiv but has a lockout of 3 attempts, I may as well go after the
Administrator who won't lockout even though I'm going after it with a
full onslaught brute force dictionary attack with my mongo dictionary
with all possible replacement text.  By open of business Monday the
administrator account has taken on millions of password attempts.

Yeah, it's kind of a small problem.

Rick Kingslan - Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000]
  Microsoft Certified Trainer
  MCSA, MCSE+I - Windows NT / 2000

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."