From: Tony Murray [mailto:tony@;mail.activedir.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 8:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Admin Account Trouble

Ok, so this is an old thread - sorry to raise the dead. :-)

I had an idea about this.  Could it be that the Administrator account has
been renamed and new account created using the name "Administrator".  Why
anyone would want to do this I don't know, but it can be done (just tested
it).

If this is the case in your environment, it should be possible to locate the
origional Administrator account.  The RID is always 500 (or 1F4 if you look
at the string representation of objectSid using e.g. LDP.EXE).

Just a thought...

Tony