The by default the administrator account can not be locked out, but
there is a utility called passprop from the NT 4 resource kit that will
allow you to set the admin account up so it can be locked out

*********

PASSPROP [/complex] [/simple] [/adminlockout] [/noadminlockout]

    /complex            Force passwords to be complex, requiring
passwords
                        to be a mix of upper and lowercase letters and
                        numbers or symbols.

    /simple             Allow passwords to be simple.

    /adminlockout       Allow the Administrator account to be locked
out.
                        The Administrator account can still log on
                        interactively on domain controllers.

    /noadminlockout     Don't allow the administrator account to be
locked
                        out.