First of all - out of personal preference - -I would NOT put Exch on a DC in AD.

Just my preference - but I wouldn't do it. Too much going on --- on both the DC and on
the mail server

        -----Original Message-----
        From: John Hicks/MIS/HQ/KEMET/US [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Tue 1/21/2003 9:58 AM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: Exchange 2000

        I am in the process of setting up Exchange 2000 on one of our DC's and when I
finish the install and reboot, I receive an error that a service failed to load. The
Exchange information store is the service that will not start. I did some searches on
the error and found little info. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Exchange and
this did not help the problem. Has anyone had this problem on initial setup? I am also
looking for info on configuring an AD connector to exchange, any tips or suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks

John Hicks <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  | KEMET Electronics Corporation | Network
Engineer
Phone: 864-228-4473 | E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | AOL IM: ipaq1978
[ Mailing: 2835 KEMET Way
<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=2835+KEMET+Way&csz=29681&Country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map>
   Simpsonville, SC 29681 USA ]

b!0ibbfXf.+-!0ibbXًZbm