Event ID:        7024
Date:                1/20/2003
Time:                9:31:29 PM
User:                N/A
Computer:        DC1
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 0.

After this error I receive numerous others stating that the Pop3 and Imap4 could not start because they depend on the information store.
I ran the uninstall and rebooted, I noticed that I again received service failures for left over exchange services. I went in and manually removed the left over services and rebooted. I started the Exchange install again and it completed, but still had the same problem. I tried manually starting the information store and it failed to start. Is there a special way you have to uninstall Exchange in order for it to get completely removed? I have been looking for good docs on installing Exchange, but the only thing I have found is setting up exchange in a cluster. Does anyone have any good places for Exchange docs, besides the MS site?

Thanks
John Hicks | KEMET Electronics Corporation | Network Engineer
Phone: 864-228-4473
| E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | AOL IM: ipaq1978
[
Mailing: 2835 KEMET Way  Simpsonville, SC 29681 USA ]

"Travis Riddle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

01/21/2003 12:27 PM

Please respond to

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
Subject
RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Exchange 2000

I have seen something similar to this before.  I had installed Exchange2k and rebooted the server.  The services would fail to start and I could not start them manually.  I ended up re-installing everything on the box and tried rebooting again, same thing happened.  I reinstalled a third time and then I installed Exchange service pack 2 before I rebooted, and everything came up fine.  I have talked with a few people after the fact and they had no explanation as to what exactly was going on, but it worked with SP2.  On similar hardware I have been able to reproduce the scenario, so maybe it has something to do with the hardware configuration.

At any rate, you can’t install service pack 2 unless all services are running, so you have to install it right after you install Exchange, BEFORE the initial reboot.  I hope this helps with your problem.  As a side note, I did NOT install Exchange on a DC, it was a member server.

Travis Riddle

John Hicks/MIS/HQ/KEMET/US [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
I am in the process of setting up Exchange 2000 on one of our DC's and when I finish the install and reboot, I receive an error that a service failed to load. The Exchange information store is the service that will not start. I did some searches on the error and found little info. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Exchange and this did not help the problem. Has anyone had this problem on initial setup? I am also looking for info on configuring an AD connector to exchange, any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.