From: Joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 11:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Taking DC Offline

How are they planning on doing those tests? If they just want to test the password complexity/strength it isn't required to give them a whole DC, only a hash dump of the password in the DIT which can be done via pwdump3. Then they can use lc3/4 to go through the text file hash dump. There is no faster way that I am aware of to test those things.

In the meanwhile I think I would also remove any ADMIN ID's from that hash if the security folks aren't already admins.