From: Joe
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 7:54 AM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Taking DC Offline

Heh, never heard that one before..... <g>

Glad I could help out. One thing I would recommend doing is writing a perl script that goes through and parses the file before you have to hand it over and removed any ID's with authority > say account operator from the file. That way

1. The security folks don't crack high level ID's.
2. If the hash dump falls into someone else's hands it doesn't have admin (or acc op or serv op or etc) id's listed.

The source is readily available, any c/c++ coder should be able to modify it to not even dump enhanced id's with a few extra calls though it would slow the program down a bit.