On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 08:29 AM, Fuller, Stuart wrote:

Other things to try:

1. Admin rights to workstation??

My account is a duplicate of the Administrator account but I can't seem to access it but the administrator account can?

2. Is \\workstation\Admin$ share on workstation reachable?? - this is a
quick check to see if file sharing, name resolution, and security is
working.
Yes

3. Is "my.network.net" the actual machine name??
I have my domain pointed to my network and "my" is a actual computer name (of course the above was just an example).

When I have seen this error it has usually been one of the following: 1. Machine off. :P
It's on

2. File & Print sharing not turned up or corrupted.
File and print sharing is on but I don't think it's sharing anything

3. No admin rights or not enough rights to remotely connect/read
workstation.
Refer to number 1 on first set of questions

4. Name resolution failing (workstation not in DNS/WINS).
I don't see the workstation in the DNS and don't know where to check the WINS. There is a DNS server running that points my domain to my network but it's a on my web server. I don't have to add each workstation to that DNS do I?

5. Remote registry service turned off.
Don't know?

-Stuart