Maximum pagefile size is not 4GB.  The limit for a "manually" configured
pagefile is 4GB.  When set to "System Managed", the page file(s) will be
whatever the server needs.  You 'must' use the setting of "system managed"
to accommodate servers with more that this amount of memory.  Otherwise the
respective server would never be able to "dump" properly.  And we all want
good "dumps"... ;-)

Windows 2003 seems to do a pretty good job at memory management (virtual &
physical).  We run several large SQL2k ENT/W2k3 boxes are very pleased with
the performance despite not being able to set the pagefile size(s)
statically.

Eric Jones, Senior SE
Intel Server Group
(W) 336.424.3084
(M) 336.457.2591
www.vfc.com

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Michael B. Smith"     |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           tivedir.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |           08/15/2003 06:55 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           ActiveDir              |

  |       To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                               |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  RE: [ActiveDir] Pagefile sizes...  Its that time of year again.

Pagefile max is 4 GB. Regardless of how much memory you have.