From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jon Hicks/MIS/HQ/KEMET/US
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 9:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] SP4 question

SP4 was released first. I ran a test on a few servers running SP3 that have the MS03-026 patch applied and I then installed SP4 and ran a DCOM vulnerability scanner against them and they still showed as patched, so it appears not to effect the patch. I was just looking for something from Microsoft to appease my boss, they always want something form MS to make them feel better about things
Jon Hicks | KEMET Electronics Corporation | Server Team
Phone: 864-228-4473
| E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | AOL IM: jhicks352
[
Mailing: 2835 KEMET Way  Simpsonville, SC 29681 USA ]

"Hutchins, Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

08/27/2003 09:29 AM

Please respond to

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
Subject
RE: [ActiveDir] SP4 question

which one came out first chronologically?

I have heard mixed opinions on whether or not installing Win2k SP4 breaks the MS03-026 patch. Does anyone have any links to docs form MS about this subject. NTBUGTRAQ posted  some reports from people that SP4 did break the patch, but later found it to be untrue.

Thanks